|Preparedness measures being taken to mitigate COVID-19|
|By Member Ed St. Louis|
|March 20, 2020|
For Immediate Release- March 20, 2020
BOURBONNAIS FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT COVID-19 UPDATE
You may see our personnel responding to your emergency wearing a respirator mask with eye protection, a disposable gown, and gloves. These measures will be in place based on the caller information received by the 911 center. We want to make sure we protect both you the patient and our personnel from this virus.
We enjoy giving tours of our fire station. Due to a confirmed case of the COVID-19 virus in Kankakee County, we must discontinue allowing visitors inside our fire station until further notice. Once the threat of the COVID-19 virus is over we will allow tours of our fire station.
If you have an emergency we recommend calling 9-1-1, but, if you need to come to the station, please come to the front door and ring the buzzer, a paramedic will greet you and provide assistance as needed.
We appreciate your understanding of the need to keep our crew as safe as possible so we can continue serving the residents of the Bourbonnais Fire Protection District.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 16, 2020
Public Health and Safety Remains Top Village Priority
Bourbonnais, IL – Following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Kankakee County Health Department and ongoing communications with Governor JB Pritzker, the Village of Bourbonnais will be taking the following actions effective immediately to mitigate potential community impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus):
• Village of Bourbonnais Administration & Public Works Facilities will be closed to the public. Operations will continue and public requests or services may be electronically handled at www.villageofbourbonnais.com or by calling the Administration Office at 815-937-3570 or Public Works at 815-937-0817.
• Village of Bourbonnais Rental Facilities will be closed effective immediately through May 1, 2020. All reservations made within the Community Room and at Children’s Safety Center will be issued a full refund. No reservations will be taken until further notice.
• The Community Prayer Breakfast event has been postponed and will no longer take place on Saturday, April 4, 2020. Those who have purchased tickets or made donations will be issued a full refund and further information will be sent in the mail. A new date will be announced at a later time.
• The annual Easter Egg Hunt has been canceled and will no longer take place on Saturday, April 4, 2020. Due to its holiday correlation, it will not be rescheduled.
• As a result of gathering size restrictions, the Event & Skate Plaza will be closed until further notice.
• The Village of Bourbonnais Board of Trustees meeting will go on as scheduled for Monday, March 16, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. with minimal attendance. Meeting presentations and student pledgers have been rescheduled for a later date.
“These village actions are an informed approach to what we feel is in the best interest of our community’s health and safety,” expressed Mayor Paul Schore. “We’ve been regularly monitoring the rapidly-changing situation involving the coronavirus through credible sources and have made these decisions accordingly.”
“Our intent is to never impose fear. These are precautionary measures and should not be taken lightly. We all need to do our part as civilians to help improve the ongoing conditions and practice social distancing. Let’s not forget good hygiene and continue to support our small businesses through various alternative methods. We shall get through this but safety first.”
Official health updates on COVID-19 can be regularly referenced via the following resources:
• CDC – www.cdc.gov
• IDPH – www.dph.illinois.gov/
• Kankakee County Health Department COVID-19 Hotline: 815-802-9311
The public is encouraged to visit www.villageofbourbonnais.com or follow the village on Facebook for ongoing Village of Bourbonnais updates and further instructions on how to best communicate and execute ongoing village-related services.
Village of Bourbonnais Media Contact: